PST is an Outlook data file that stores your entire Outlook attributes like emails, tasks, notes, journal entries, rules and settings etc. PST files are very prone to corruption as a result of which you cannot access Outlook data.
Its really distressful situation to see any unfamiliar error message on your computer screen while accessing the Outlook emails. Some of the common error messages which you may get while accessing PST file are:
- ‘Unable to display the folder. The file xxx.pst could not be accessed’
- ‘Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience’
- ‘The file xxx.pst is not a personal folders file’
Above messages indicate indicates corruption of Outlook Data File (PST). The corruption of PST files makes Outlook attributes like emails, attachments, contacts, calendar, notes, journals etc. inaccessible to its users.
How to Fix Outlook PST Corruption?
Outlook files can become corrupt in spite of taking all necessary precautions. It is not desirable to leave Outlook data in a state of inaccessibility, after the events of corruption. MS Outlook has some inbuilt features with it to fix minor corruption PST corruption issues called scanpst.exe. However, this inbuilt tool fixes PST file corruption issues but this doesn’t ensure successful repair of PST file. Hence it is recommended to make use of reliable tool like Remo Repair Outlook (PST) to fix corrupt PST file accurately without any difficulty.
Remo Repair Outlook (PST) to fix PST file safely
Remo Repair Outlook PST can fix any sort of corruption with PST files with ease. The software scans your entire PST file in matter of minutes using its inbuilt scanning algorithms which identifies and fixes errors quickly. Since the tool is read only it will not alter your original file during repairing process instead uses separate healthy file for storing extracted data. Thus tool repair Outlook personal folder file securely.
Few simple suggestions to keep your Outlook PST files safe
- Always exit Outlook properly
- Do not save PST file on a server
- Keep PST file size in check and remove unwanted items when it’s crossing the size limit.
- Backup the PST file periodically
Why PST files get corrupted?
- Improper Termination of Outlook Application: While accessing PST file if Outlook is terminated abnormally then PST file is said to be corrupted.
- Presence of Bad Sectors: As the number of bad sectors present on the storage drive where PST files are saved then it makes PST files inaccessible.
- Other Reasons: Oversized PST file, while upgrading to new Outlook version, PST header file corruption, corruption caused due to file system errors causing loss of important data blocks from a healthy PST file after using CHKDSK.EXE and many other scenarios
However, Remo Repair Outlook (PST) can solve all the issues related to PST file in an easy go through process.
Unique features of Remo Repair Outlook (PST)
- Provides self-explanatory GUI interface which gives step by step instructions during repair process
- Capable of repairing PST files created on Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010
- Repairs corrupt PST files to recover properties like message body, to, from, cc, bcc, attachments etc
- Supports repairing of password protected PST files
- Repair oversized PST files which gets corrupt when it exceeds size more than its limit
- Ability to repair PST files which are high encrypted
- Free demo version provides preview of repaired components from corrupt PST file
- Technical support by well trained support team to solve doubts related to product