Microsoft Outlook is one of the majorly utilized email applications in many IT sectors, business organizations, educational institutes etc. across the world. This is because it takes few simple clicks for sending and receiving emails through internet. Apart from sending and receiving mails, it also supports other attributes like contacts, calendars, appointments, notes and so on. All these information of Outlook is saved in single folder called PST. PST stands for Personal Storage Table that stores complete data about Outlook including emails, features etc. in .pst file extension. This PST file resides on your hard drive of system by default.
As a result, if hard drive where PST file is saved gets corrupted due to abnormal circumstances will corrupt PST file as well. Once PST file gets corrupted, then entire data present in it cannot be accessed. In such situations, backup of data files plays an important role. However, most of them ignore or forget to preserve copy of Outlook data file which is disaster. After coming across such problems, importance of backup will be known.
Here is one of the manual methods to backup data file in few simple steps
- Firstly, open your Outlook -> Go to File -> click on open and Export option
- After which select -> Export to a file -> click Next button
- Now click on ->Outlook Data File-> Next button
Even after which, you are unable to backup data file and facing difficulties, then the best option is to opt for reliable tool. Here you find one such tool called Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate which explains how to backup Outlook data files in few simple mouse clicks….
Let us discuss an example to know why backup is essential. Most of the times, we utilize Outlook to send or receive larger files via internet as it takes very less time. At times, when we attach larger or infected files, there are chances of virus infections. Once, these harmful infections get into Outlook, it has the ability to self replicate and spreads across entire data files. After which corrupts the entire file system of Outlook as a result data present in it cannot be accessed.
Likewise, we come across many such scenarios where backup plays vital role. Other reasons responsible for data loss from Microsoft Outlook:
- Oversized PST file – Every version of Microsoft Outlook has some size limit, as and when emails are sent or received its size gets expanding. At one point, when it reaches its maximum level will get automatically corrupted. After which, entire data available in it will become unreachable
- Improper Termination of Outlook – After utilizing Outlook for sending, receiving emails, saving contacts etc. should be terminated appropriately. Sometimes, improper closing of Outlook application results in data loss
- Accidental Deletion – One of the common reasons for data loss faced by most of the users of Outlook. It takes place while deleting some of the unwanted or older files, you might accidentally delete important ones along with them
- PST file corruption – PST file is a single folder that comprises entire details of Outlook. If gets corrupted due to hard drive corruption, malware infections, oversize etc. leads to loss of data i.e. entire files present in it will become inaccessible
Beneficiary tips to remember
- Outlook should be terminated appropriately after using it without fail
- Keep your system free from dreadful viruses by scanning regularly using updated antivirus software
- Maintain copy of Outlook data files in any backup devices
- Avoid sending or receiving emails through internet
More about Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate…..
- One of the reliable tool which is capable of maintaining backup of emails and other features of Outlook like contacts, appointments, calendars etc.
- Provides simple to understand GUI interface that explains each step in simple words, so that all kinds of user can install it easily
- Facilitates a feature called Build in scheduler to backup data automatically according to the scheduled time
- Supports all the latest versions of Outlook like 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010…
- Well suited with versions of Windows operating system like Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2008….