USB is platform independent device, which can be used in place of floppy disk, ZIP drive disk and CD. With a USB drive, data can be retained for long periods when the device is unplugged from the computer or when the computer is powered-down with the drive left in. This makes the USB drive convenient for transferring data between a desktop computer and other storage device or for personal backup needs.
Many times it has been seen that under some critical circumstances USB drive become unreadable and all the data stored in it goes completely inaccessible. In such situation the first question arises in your mind is how to recover data from unreadable USB? Well, there is no need to worry because you can recover data from USB drive quite easily. Just, you have to make use of Remo Recover utility to restore lost data from USB drive. Before knowing more about recovery tool, let us discuss some common reasons which are behind unreadable USB.
- The chances of USB drive corruption take place when any interruption occur and that affect ongoing read/write process in midway.
- Usage of USB drive on different system can infect the USB. If infection is severe that may cause corruption of USB drive and it is not possible to open corrupted USB drive. Thus data stored on USB become inaccessible.
- If file system of USB drive corrupts due to some reasons then you may not be able to access data stored on USB.
- If you connect your USB to unsupported platform and try to access data from it, then data become unresponsive and gets corrupted.
- Improper formatting or reformatting operation may damage your USB drive and make it as unreadable.
- Due to any reasons, if partition table of USB drive corrupts then there is chance of whole drive become unreadable.
Other than these scenarios, there are many other cases where USB drive become unreadable. Whatever the reasons for unreadable USB, with the aid of Remo USB recover software you can get back your data from unreadable USB. This utility scans entire USB drive and that doesn’t require heavy amount of time to recover data from USB.
Main features of Remo Recover tool related to Unreadable USB:
Remo Recover software brings back all the data from USB that is inaccessible due to virus infection, format error, file system corruption etc. with ease. The application can also retrieve data from formatted and reformatted USB drives with FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS+ and HFSX file systems within few clicks. It securely restores data like documents, folders, excel sheets, images, video files, audio files and much more from storage device like USB drive, hard disk, memory cards etc. Along with unreadable USB drive data recovery, it even restores data which are lost or deleted from USB due to various reasons.
You can even perform recovery of files from USB drives using its Signature. This option enables you to select and restore only those types of files that you want to recover from unreadable USB drive. Once the files are recovered and displayed in a list format, you can easily sort them based on their name, size or creation date. This helps in confirming that the desired file has been restored or not.
The software is provided with option to add or edit signatures that are not listed in the recovered list of files. The “Save Recovery Session” option provides to save the recovery session on the particular drive and resume at any time so that the entire drive need not be scanned again thus saving lot of time. You can view recovered data from unreadable USB before saving it to any destination folder available to host operating system. It is also possible to view recovered data on the basis of file extension in this recovery tool. The tool allows you to view recovered data in hierarchical view by using “Data View” option.
You can avoid data loss situation from unreadable USB by following below mentioned tips:
- Regularly take backup of data stored on USB drive, which might be helpful for you in case of data loss.
- Try to avoid usage of USB on virus infected storage devices and use secure antivirus software.
- Always avoid interruption which occurs during transferring of data from USB to other storage device or vice versa.
Supported brands of USB drives are: Kingston, Transcend, HP, Sony, SanDisk etc.
You can use this tool on Windows and Mac operating system based computers. Disk space of the particular drive can be saved efficiently by compressing the recovered data into ZIP archives. You can save recovered data on any storage drive like CD/DVD, external hard drive, memory cards etc. USB data recovery is easy for you using the simple graphical interface of the recovery tool. It offers you high degree of security compared to other product.